Window Hinges

Product type
Sort by
What type of hinges do I need for my windows?

This depends on the type of window you have.

Butt hinges: very common hinges which can be used for standard windows.
Half butterfly hinges: used as a decorative alternative to butt hinges.
Friction hinges: allows the window to be held open at any desired position without needing additional hardware (e.g. a stay).
H & HL hinges: used to provide extra support to large/heavy windows.
Stormproof hinges: used for rebated windows and offers a weather-proof system.
Shutter hinges: used to fit window shutters.

If you're unsure about which type of window hinges you need, talk to a local professional, or get in touch with our friendly team for some free advice and guidance.

How many pairs of hinges do I need on my windows?

This depends on the size and weight of your window, as well as the type of hinges you're using.

As a rule of thumb, two hinges (one near the top and one near the bottom) are suitable for standard windows. For larger and heavier windows, at least 3 pairs of hinges are recommended.

If you want guidance about your specific window, feel free to get in touch with our team of experts who will be happy to assist you!

Are your hinges sold in pairs?

Yes, all of our hinges are sold in pairs and supplied with all necessary fixings.

We're not able to sell single hinges as it creates issues with our stock, so if you need an odd number of hinges you'll have to purchase a spare i.e., if you need 3 hinges, you'll have to purchase 2 pairs (4 hinges).