Internal Door Hardware

Product type
Sort by
What type of door handle do I need?

This depends on which type of door and lock/latch you choose.

Lever lock handles are used in conjunction with a 5 lever mortice lock, usually on exterior doors that require locking (i.e. front/back doors).

Lever latch handles are used in conjunction with mortice latches, usually on interior doors which don’t require locking (i.e. living room doors).

Lever bathroom sets are used in conjunction with a bathroom
mortice lock which can be locked via a thumbturn on the inside and opened from the outside with a coin during an emergency (e.g. bathroom doors).

Lever Euro handles are used in conjunction with Euro cylinders and Euro sash locks, usually on exterior doors (e.g. patio/conservatory doors).

Espagnolette lever handles are used in conjunction with multi point locks and Euro cylinders on sliding/bi-folding door sets and modern front doors which use these locking systems.

All lever handles have a measurement called the “centre” which refers to the distance between the centre of the door handle and the centre of the keyhole. This distance dictates which type of lock is needed. All our lever handles have standard centre measurements to fit all standard British locks/latches.

What type of hinge do I need for my door?

Most modern doors are solid and at least 44m thick, so our standard or ball bearing butt hinges are suitable to use.

Ledge & brace doors are too thin for these hinges, so we recommend using T hinges or strap hinges which accentuate the traditional look of these doors.

H and HL hinges are suitable for all types of door styles and sizes, with HL hinges providing additional strength for extra heavy or damaged doors & shutters.

Parliament hinges can be used to project the door away from its frame upon opening, and Butterfly hinges have an ornate appearance which can be used to add visual interest to a space.

Stormproof hinges are used to give a tight, weatherproof close for external windows.

Friction hinges are suitable for most windows and help hold them in an open or closed position.

You can learn more about a certain type of hinge by reading its product page, but if you’re still unsure about which type you need, feel free to get in touch!

Which type of lock/latch do I need?

This depends on where you’ll be using it.

Bathroom mortice locks are operated via a thumbturn on a bathroom lever handle (or with a door knob set and a separate thumbturn) and can be opened via a coin from the outside in case of an emergency.

Euro cylinders are common in newbuilds and are often used with a Euro sash lock (mostly on patio/conservatory doors) or with multi-point locks (mostly on modern front doors).

Mortice latches are usually used for internal doors which don’t require locking.

5 lever sash locks are the most secure option and are recommended for exterior doors.

Locks/latches are also either Standard or Heavy Duty, which refers to the strength of the spring inside. Standard variants are used for sprung handles, whereas Heavy Duty is recommended for unsprung, or particularly heavy, handles which need help returning to their original horizontal position.